Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Something to share with my "Introduction To The Old Testament" Class

It is very exciting for me to be part of the ootle16 group for this promising study of the “Introduction To The Old Testament” class. There are many things that excite me about in this course. I like the way our  teacher, Dr. Lester, gets us involved and to interact through blogs and twitters though they are so new to me. The content of the course seems interesting. I hope I will be dealing in depth with different terms or terminology in the Hebrew Bible. I will learn to read and understand it better with different lens in terms of historical, cultural, literary, social, political, economic, religious, and so on.
Dr. Bandstra’s introduction to reading the Hebrew Bible and Dr. Lester’s video lectures A and B give me a lot of inputs on how to view and read this Bible, which some call the Old Testament, the Hebrew Bible, the TaNaK and the Jewish Bible. It is very interesting to have different terms to call it from a diversity of backgrounds.  
One of my concerns is that English is my second language so I may not communicate my understanding, sharing and contributions to you completely as well as my mother tongue (Vietnamese). So please extend your grace to me when you read something I write that may sound “weird” or “out of tone” to you, native speakers.  I would highly appreciate it. I will try my best in this particular area.

I hope we will all reach our academic goal for this class together, and for me I will never be the same again in viewing our Old Testament. 

No comments:

Post a Comment